Sunday 16 September 2012

Fire Burn and Cauldron Bubble by H.P. Mallory



Series: Jolie Wilkins (1)

Kindle Edition, July 2 2010, 304 pages
Goodreads | Amazon UK | Amazon US 



A self-deprecating witch with the unique ability to reanimate the dead. A dangerously handsome warlock torn between being her boss and her would-be lover. A six hundred year old English vampire with his own agenda; one that includes an appetite for witches. The Underworld in a state of chaos. Let the games begin.
Life isn't bad for psychic Jolie Wilkins. True, she doesn't have a love life to speak of, but she has a cute house in the suburbs of Los Angeles, a cat and a quirky best friend. 
Enter Rand Balfour, a sinfully attractive warlock who insists she's a witch and who just might turn her life upside down. Rand hires her to help him solve a mystery regarding the death of his client who also happens to be a ghost. Jolie not only uncovers the cause of the ghost's demise but, in the process, she brings him back to life!
Word of Jolie's incredible ability to bring back the dead spreads like wildfire, putting her at the top of the Underworld's most wanted list. Consequently, she finds herself at the center of a custody battle between a villainous witch, a dangerous but oh-so-sexy vampire, and her warlock boss, Rand. 
The next book in this series, Toil and Trouble, is also available!


My thoughts
After reading a few reviews on Goodreads I wasn't too excited to read this book. I'd had it on my kindle for as long as I could remember and just never got around to reading it. But right now I'm trying to read  all books on my kindle without downloading any new ones which is when I finally decided to read this. And I've got to say I'm amazed I didn't read it sooner it was very entertaining and I was instantly drooling over most of the males in the book. The characters are described superbly and although it was lacking in the amount of 'action' present it was a nice enjoyable read. I must warn though don't be fooled by the cover. Upon seeing the cover I imagined this book to be a nice, light-hearted read but although there where funny parts it wasn't that light-hearted. Even after all these years of reading I'm still 'judging a book by its cover.' I'm excited to see what will happen now between Jolie and all her 'love interests'. I'm going straight to the kindle store to download the next in the series. I would recommend this book to any young adult book reader who wants to enjoy a nice little novel, and seeing as the kindle edition is free there really is no excuse not to.

No comments:

Post a Comment