Wednesday 26 September 2012

The Rose Petal Beach by Dorothy Koomson (arc)


Hardback, August 30 2012549 pages
Goodreads | Amazon UK | Amazon US 



Every love story has a dangerous twist. Tamia Brenett is horrified when her husband, Scott, is accused of something terrible - but when she discovers who his accuser is, everything goes into freefall. Backed into a corner and unsure what to think, Tamia is forced to choose who she instinctively believes. But Tamia's choice has dire consequences for all concerned especially when matters take a tragic turn. Then a stranger arrives in town to sprinkle rose petals in the sea in memory of her lost loved one. This stranger carries with her shocking truths that will change the lives of everyone she meets, and will once again force Tamia to make some devastating choices...



My thoughts

This was definitely not my typical type of book and because of this I was very sceptical of this book. However I found myself strangely not being able to put it down. The author definitely keeps you interested right up until the last page. I found myself always guessing what had happened and with all the twists and turns this book took I was constantly changing my mind. Seriously it was like whiplash city up in my head, no one was safe from my accusations (I was even accusing the kids at one point). This book isn't for younger people. The pictures the author created in my mind where amazing I could actually imagine myself being a part of this story. The ending was a total shock for me, it seemed I'd accused everyone but the culprit. The only thing tat bugged me about this book was we never heard the story of 'the rose petal beach' that everyone went on about. I would have really liked to know this story but oh well I suppose the author wanted it this way. At first I didn't understand what Beatrix's role was in the story, it wasn't clear to me why she was included. Obviously as the story went on it was pretty clear but I'm sure others will be perplexed by this in the beginning, so just hang in there it will make sense eventually. Just wanted to add on the end I would love to have the painting from Mirabelle's front room, would love someone to paint me into it, it sounded so beautiful the way the author described it. Anyway this book was surprisingly intriguing and I will definitely be buying more by this author. Will now be passing this book onto my mum as it will be right up her street.

No comments:

Post a Comment