Monday 17 September 2012

Toil and Trouble by H.P. Mallory



Series: Undead Series (2)

Kindle Edition, November 30 2010, 270 pages
Goodreads | Amazon UK | Amazon US



The Underworld in civil war. The cause? A witch who can reanimate the dead. A sexy as sin vampire determined to claim her. An infuriatingly handsome warlock torn between duty and love. Who says blonds have more fun? After defending herself against fairy magic, Jolie Wilkins wakes to find her world turned upside down-the creatures of the Underworld on the precipice of war. The Underworld is polarized in a battle of witch against witch, creature against creature, led by the villainous Bella, who would be Queen. While Jolie has one goal in mind, to stake the vampire, Ryder, who nearly killed her, she also must choose between the affections of her warlock employer, Rand, and the mysteriously sexy vampire, Sinjin. And as if that weren't enough to ruin a girl's day, everything Jolie knows will be turned inside out when she's thrust into the shock of a lifetime.



My thoughts

This book starts off exactly where the first one was left, which is very convenient if you read them straight after each other like I did. I'm growing to absolutely love this series and cannot wait to read the next instalment, all the characters fascinate me and I find myself wanting to slap Rand silly for the way he's stringing along Jolie. I'm surprised to find myself stuck with who Jolie should be with, Rand or Sinjin. I keep swaying back and forth between the two so much I've got emotional whiplash. I've got to say though as much as I loved the first book, this one is twenty times better. I'd recommend this to anybody who loves indie authors as much as I do. There were hardly ever any editing issues in this book and we got left at a very climatic point in the story and I can't wait to see what other adventures Jolie and her gang of adoring men get up to.

No comments:

Post a Comment