Wednesday 10 October 2012

Tales of Aradia by L.A. Jones



Series: The Last Witch (1)
Kindle Edition, December 16 2011, 246pages
Goodreads | Amazon UK | Amazon US



Unknown to the humans who hung innocent people at the Salem Witch Trials real witches of the hidden race were killed for fear of exposure or at least that's what all the vampires, werewolves, and other races thought.There was not one witch whom survived the genocide of the Salem Witch Trials. But one day a girl named Aradia moves to Salem, MA and all that changes



My thoughts

Okay the cover and blurb don't get you all excited, I honestly understand that. The only reason I bought this book was because it was free on Amazon and wasn't really expecting much from it. This book did confuse me with all the shifting around of character's point of views I didn't know who was narrating at the time. I feel the blurb really does let down this book, it is much more exciting than its made out to be. I've come to expect grammatical and spelling errors from Indie authors especially with their first book. And this book was no different, it was rather distracting, more so than in other books I've read. I felt let down that it did distract me as this was a good book with the potential to turn into an amazing series.
My blurb :)
Found alone, as a baby, in the wilderness Aradia knows she's different, her adoptive parents help her keep her powers a secret. All that changes when they move to Salem, MA (Cliche much?). Aradia finds two very hot, very inhuman boys vying for her attentions (yet another cliche). She soon discovers the secret of who she is whilst stumbling upon a murder investigation. It soon becomes a game of cat and mouse as Aradia finds herself fighting for her life being hunted by the creature she once hunted.
I didn't even get an English GCSE but still feel my blurbs better :)

No comments:

Post a Comment