Friday 14 September 2012

Undead and Unemployed by MaryJanice Davidson


Series: Undead Series (2)

Kindle Edition, August 4 2004, 272 pages
Goodreads | Amazon UK | Amazon US 


Nothing can make Betsy Taylor give up her shoe fetish - even dying and rising as the new Queen of the Vampires. Being royally undead isn't all it's cracked up to be - there are still bills to be paid. And Betsy is determined to live as normally as possible, even if it means getting a job. A "feet" she accomplishes with panache, landing her dream job selling designer shoes at Macy's. Things couldn't be better - except for her new friends, who keep pestering her while she's on the clock. As if she has time to socialize when there are deliciously sinful shoes to try on - and buy at a discount. It seems that vampires are being murdered in St. Paul, and they're all clamoring for Betsy to do something about it. The worse part is she's going to have to enlist the help of the one vamp who makes her blood boil: the oh-so-sexy Sinclair. Now, she's really treading on dangerous ground - high heels and all...



My thoughts

I'm ashamed to admit I am subconsciously falling in love with this series. I do tend to have a soft spot for vampire books but this is the type of book you'd never admit to liking. But here I am admitting it to the world. Yes I'm awful, someone come and slap me silly. I deserve it. I can't help it, its turning into my guilty pleasure. As with the first book this is a nice easy short story about Betsy coming to terms with being heralded as the new queen of the vamps. And she's not too pleased with it. I'm still enjoying her snarky comments. My one annoyance with this book is I just don't see the appeal of Sinclair. I don't think he's being portrayed to the best of his abilities. He still seems like a creepy little vampire to me but hey maybe I just can't forgive him for threatening to burn Betsy's shoes in the first book. Again I can see how this book wouldn't be for some of the hardcore young adult fans but once again its a nice little break from goody little two shoes vampires.

No comments:

Post a Comment